Winter can tend to wreak havoc on our skin, becoming dry, itchy and irritated. This means, skin care that may work for you in the summer, may not be ideal for you in the winter. Below are some tips to help your skin survive the season.
- Cut down on using your retinoid if you are using one. It may be time to opt for a lesser strength or switch to using it only a few nights a week.
- Incorporate hyaluronic acid into your winter routine. At FSC, we love our SkinMedica HA5 Serum.
- Avoid showering with hot water as it dries your skin. Stick to lukewarm to cool tempered water.
- Look for body cream formulations versus body lotions for a more hydrating moisturizer. CeraVe and Cetaphil Creams are two of our favorites.
- Incorporate a healing ointment like Vaseline or Aquaphor for especially dry, flakey or cracked skin.
Lastly, don’t forget to wear your sunscreen. Just because it may be cooler out, does not mean we are not affected by the sun’s harmful rays.