Our FSC family understands these are challenging times for our guests. More than ever our compassion for the health and well being of others compels us to serve with a cheerful heart. We continuously search for innovative methods to transform and elevate the guest (patient)/doctor relationship.
FSC providers are utilizing tele-medicine platforms to help guests stay skin-healthy with dermatology services available through Doxy.me. Guests who are not in urgent need of medical attention or those in self-quarantine, isolation or sick due to the COVID-19 pandemic can continue their dermatology care from home.
Doxy.me is a tele-medicine program that allows medical providers to perform routine appointments for new or established by connecting over the internet. Popular insurance plans are covering tele-medicine appointments such as Medicare, Florida Blue, Aetna, Cigna, United Health Care with many other carriers joining the list.
There are certain criteria that must be met for a tele-medicine appointment to be administered and covered by insurance.
As a courtesy, Florida Skin Center is waiving copays for guests with participating plans through April 15, 2020. However, deductibles must be collected due to Federal restrictions.
For those guests with no insurance, there’s only a flat fee of $59. With teledermatology, all you have to do is sign up with our office and send a picture of your condition. Then, we will diagnose your condition, developing a personalized treatment plan within 24 hours. If you require any prescriptions, you can use our dispensary to have them shipped or pick them up at our For Myers or Cape Coral office.
- Instant care and diagnosis
- Covered by most commercial insurance plans and Medicare
- FSC is waiving copays for guests with participating plans (deductible excluded)
- Special self pay pricing
- Skin E-Visits with your own FSC providers
- Treatment plan and prescriptions within minutes
- Uninterrupted skin health from the comfort of your own home
- Call our office during regular business hours to schedule an appointment that is convenient for you
Getting started is simple
- Call our main number, 239-561-3376, to schedule an appointment day and time convenient for you with one of our medical providers
- At the scheduled appointment time, an FSC provider will contact you via cellphone and a link on our secure HIPAA compliant telemedicine platform to begin your visit
- Begin your video call with our experienced dermatology providers to discuss a treatment plan for your skin care needs
- If a prescription is needed, we can either send it to the pharmacy of your choice or ship it directly through our FSC dispensary
- It’s that simple
Tips for a successful Skin E-Visit with FSC
- Use a browser that is supported by our platform, preferably Google Chrome
- Make sure you have proper internet service
- If using a computer, make sure the camera and microphone are on and working properly. The visit can also be performed via cell phone or tablet
- Be in a room with adequate lighting. Having a flashlight accessible may be helpful.
We are now accepting insurance for teledermatology consults
- Aetna Healthy Kids (Medicaid)
- United Health (Includes Golden Rule, UMR, and OON ones)
- Web TPA
Contact us at 239-231-1466 to learn more about our tele-medicine program, Doxy.me services, which allows you to receive our professional medical care from the privacy of your own home or wherever you are finding solace during these difficult times.