Board Certified Dermatologist and Pediatrician Dr. Anais Aurora Badia, M.D., D.O., F.A.A.D., completed dermatology training in Albany, New York in 2001. Shortly after, she founded Florida Skin Center as a full-service facility with state-of-the-art treatments and amenities.
The National Osteopathic Pediatric Dermatology Certification Board relies on her professional input. Dr. Badia’s background as a dermatologist and pediatrician makes her uniquely qualified to provide medical dermatology care for patients of all ages, at Florida Skin Center, including newborn babies. Under her direction, this is the only practice in the area to provide narrowband UVB phototherapy for treatment of eczema and psoriasis, as well as Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, and dermatopathology services. Our practice is also equipped with a full laser suite, and offers aesthetic dermatology treatments.
While excellence in patient care is Dr. Badia’s passion, she is also active in the community. The local Hispanic Affairs Advisory Board has recognized her as Volunteer of the Year, and she received the Congressional Medal of Distinction, a national acknowledgment. Dr. Badia regularly lectures at pediatric postgraduate courses for Miami Children’s Hospital. The American Association on Anti-Aging Medicine values her services as a national speaker. She lectures on a variety of dermatology topics, at local and national levels, and her work has been published in leading pediatric and dermatology journals.
Qualifications, at a glance:
- BS degree from University of Miami
- DO from Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- MD from University of Health Sciences School of Medicine
- Pediatric residency at Miami Children’s Hospital
- Dermatology residency at Albany Medical College
- Mini-fellowship in pediatric dermatology at Miami Children’s Hospital
- Board-certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology