Florida Skin Center proudly offers chemical peels as a way of rejuvenating the skin. Patients in the areas of Lehigh Acres, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and Punta Gorda have access to various peels in our practice, from light, superficial peels to aggressive treatments.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a treatment that utilizes specialized chemical solutions that are used to improve the texture and tone of the skin. This is achieved by removing the outer layers which have been damaged by the elements. Patients with uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, and blemishes may benefit from chemical peels. They can restore a youthful appearance and improve blotchy, damaged, and uneven skin.
At Florida Skin Center, we offer packages to help our guests save. Our chemical peel offerings include:
- Vi Peel™ – This peel is different from other peels in that it tackles skin problems at the cellular level rather than just burning skin off like a regular peel. Thanks to its many acids and vitamins, it will help erase fine lines and wrinkles, shrink enlarged pores and build collagen and elastin to tighten skin. It is extremely effective in eliminating hyperpigmentation and also provides great results for patients with acne.
- Salicylic Peel – The lightest type of facial peel and has more subtle results. It can address mild discoloration, smooth out rough patches and renew the appearance of your skin.
- Jessner Peel- A superficial peel that is used to treat photoaging, age spots, acne, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, melasma and freckles.
- Rejuvenize Peel™ – Appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections, this peel smooths the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and roughness.
- Vitalize.Peel® – For mild skin imperfections, this peel helps provide vibrate, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
Most chemical peels are performed for cosmetic purposes. They can enhance the appearance and texture of the skin and improve confidence and self-esteem. However, some patients use chemical peels to control acne, soften facial scars, and remove pre-cancerous growths. This treatment is best utilized on the facial areas including the forehead, cheeks, and around the eyes.
During the chemical peel procedure, most people experience a very short, brief sensation of burning followed by numbness and stinging. This also depends greatly on the type of peel and how aggressive it is. Patients undergoing phenol peels may notice discomfort following the procedure, while BHA, AHA, and TCA peels are typically just uncomfortable when they are on the skin for a few minutes.
What Can I Expect After a Chemical Peel?
Here’s what you might expect:
- Light peels – flaking, redness, dryness, skin irritation. Engagement in regular social activities the following day.
- Medium peels – significant swelling diminishing after one week. Skin heals and normal activities can be resumed in approximately one week to ten days.
- Deep peels – mild pain medication may be used to relieve discomfort, waterproof adhesive applied to skin that is to be removed after a day or two, antiseptic powder applied several times a day. Scabs form and new red skin will appear. Social downtime may be approximately one week or longer.
It is critical that patients understand the importance of skin protection from the sun following any type of chemical peel. Our doctor will recommend a sunblock that combines UVA and UVB protection in one treatment that is to be applied daily. Patients should stop smoking for at least a week, as smoking reduces the circulation of blood and can ultimately slow recovery time.
Aside from their normal working hours, the aestheticians at Florida Skin Center have some late weekday appointments available. Call today to schedule your chemical peel appointment. We proudly serve the residents of Punta Gorda, Fort Myers, and Lehigh Acres, and Cape Coral, FL.