Florida Skin Center proudly offers chemical peels as a way of rejuvenating the skin. Patients in the areas of Lehigh Acres, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and Punta Gorda have access to various peels in our practice, from light, superficial peels to aggressive treatments.
See more Before & After Pictures >
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a treatment that utilizes specialized chemical solutions that are used to improve the texture and tone of the skin. This is achieved by removing the outer layers which have been damaged by the elements. Patients with uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, and blemishes may benefit from chemical peels. They can restore a youthful appearance and improve blotchy, damaged, and uneven skin.
At Florida Skin Center, we offer packages to help our guests save. Our chemical peel offerings include:
- Vi Peel™ – This peel is different from other peels in that it tackles skin problems at the cellular level rather than just burning skin off like a regular peel. Thanks to its many acids and vitamins, it will help erase fine lines and wrinkles, shrink enlarged pores and build collagen and elastin to tighten skin. It is extremely effective in eliminating hyperpigmentation and also provides great results for patients with acne.
- Salicylic Peel – The lightest type of facial peel and has more subtle results. It can address mild discoloration, smooth out rough patches and renew the appearance of your skin.
- Jessner Peel- A superficial peel that is used to treat photoaging, age spots, acne, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, melasma and freckles.
- Rejuvenize Peel™ – Appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections, this peel smooths the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and roughness.
- Vitalize.Peel® – For mild skin imperfections, this peel helps provide vibrate, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
Most chemical peels are performed for cosmetic purposes. They can enhance the appearance and texture of the skin and improve confidence and self-esteem. However, some patients use chemical peels to control acne, soften facial scars, and remove pre-cancerous growths. This treatment is best utilized on the facial areas including the forehead, cheeks, and around the eyes.
During the chemical peel procedure, most people experience a very short, brief sensation of burning followed by numbness and stinging. This also depends greatly on the type of peel and how aggressive it is. Patients undergoing phenol peels may notice discomfort following the procedure, while BHA, AHA, and TCA peels are typically just uncomfortable when they are on the skin for a few minutes.
What Can I Expect After a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a treatment used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck, or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, rejuvenated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. You may feel a tingling, itching or, burning sensation throughout the procedure, which subsides after a few minutes. We recommend multiple treatments to achieve the best results-at Florida Skin Center we offer chemical peel packages to maximize your investments. While most chemical peel treatments are performed for cosmetic purposes, most of our Guests use chemical peels to control acne, melasma and soften facial scars.
Chemical peels are divided into three types:
- Superficial peels: These peels affect the top layer of the skin. Salicylic, glycolic and mandelic peels can be used to treat acne, hyperpigmentation, and melasma.
- Medium-depth peels: These peels penetrate the upper portion of the second layer of moderately wrinkled or scarred skin. Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peels are common medium-depth peels.
- Deep chemical peels: These include peels with phenol and penetrate to the lower portion of the second layer of skin. These peels treat deep wrinkles, scars or skin that has been severely damaged by the sun.
After your chemical peel treatment, you should anticipate flaking, dryness, skin irritation, redness, swelling, and peeling. It is important to us that our Guest understands the importance of sun protection following their treatment. Physical sunscreen is recommended to be used daily and reapplied every two hours to obtain the best results following treatment.
If peeling is a concern, we can schedule a Dermaplanning treatment week after the peel to remove any residual flakes remaining from the exfoliating process.
We proudly serve the residents of Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, Cape Coral, and Punta Gorda, FL. We offer complimentary consultations with our Aesthetic Coordinator in order to determine what treatment is best for your skin conditions and skin type. Our Aesthetician is also available on some Saturdays to better serve our Guest’s schedules. Call today to schedule your chemical peel treatment or consultation; we look forward to taking your skin to a better place.
Aside from their normal working hours, the aestheticians at Florida Skin Center have some late weekday appointments available. Call today to schedule your chemical peel appointment. We proudly serve the residents of Punta Gorda, Fort Myers, and Lehigh Acres, and Cape Coral, FL.